Archive for February, 2013
This is a prompt from that genius Rarasaur http://rarasaur.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/prompts-for-the-promptless-ep-2-the-11th-possibility/
The 11th Possibility is the idea that, regardless of data to the contrary, something unexpected and outside the realm of ordinary thought is always potentially around the corner.
“A coin is flipped 10 times, and in each instance lands on either heads or tails. But even after the normalcy displayed by the first 10 flips, the result of the next flip is still unknown. The coin could turn into a bird and fly away. The coin could land perfectly on its ridged edge. The coin could dissolve upon landing. It could defy gravity and remain stuck in the air. This is the 11th Possibility.”
•Share a picture of something that represents The 11th Possibility to you
•You walk into a dark room and flip the light switch on. Normalcy says that the light turns on. What are some possible 11th Possibilities?
•Consider, develop, or discuss the 11th Possibility in literature or film
•Write a poem about an ordinary scenario turning into something outside the realm of ordinary thought
•Share a story about the reaction that would occur if the 11th Possibility presented itself
•… or make up your own prompt related to the theme!
This is my contribution to the concept. Photo is courtesy of those folks at 9gag.
Thank you Melanie (http://thisismycorn.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/tag-totally-awesome-game/) for tagging me – I think you are a sweetie!
I do refuse to tag anyone else, though, so if any readers would like to play, please let me know and I will add you on to the TAG list.
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
Post a picture of yourself:
Oh, hell no! Here’s a picture I love instead. Waterhouse’s Ariadne.
11 facts about me:
1) I am female.
2) I despise chocolate, unless it’s that time of the month.
3) I’m a night owl.
4) I wear 7 ½ size in sneakers, 6 in sandals.
5) I have a hard time recognizing people.
6) I’m an introvert.
7) I’m Cuban.
8) I’m an excellent cook. (definition = people eat and like what I make)
9) I practice lucid dreaming.
10) My favorite quote is by Bruce Lee: “It is compassion, not the principle of justice, which guards us against being unjust to our fellow man.”
11) I love animals.
Melanie’s Questions and my answers:
1) If you built what, who would come? I’ve built mini-pyramids in my yard so the lizards would have a place to hide when my dog came out. They used it!
2) Where would you end up were you to go the distance? In my soul mate’s bed.
3) Who’s pain would you ease if you could ease his pain? Hard question that… anyone’s that I could.
4) Is this heaven? No, this is just the classroom and an arena.
5) What would you do if the Voice called? Huh, I hear many voices, please be specific.
6) What are you grinning at, you ghost? Not telling, but they are fantasies.
7) You guys wanna play ball? Or do you prefer football, basketball, hockey, soccer, nothing, or something else? I love to watch Aussie rules football.
8) So what do you want? Peace.
9) Is there enough magic out there in the moonlight to make this dream come true? Yes.
10) There’s only eight of them. Eight of what? Yes, there are eight points in an octagon.
11) What’s Terrance Mann got to do with baseball? No fair, I don’t even know who he is!
1) What meal would you make for the most important person in your life?
2) What meal would you make for your worst enemy?
3) If you could go back in time and give your younger self some advice, what would it be?
4) If you could take one object to Heaven, what would it be?
5) You are given $10,000 to use only on yourself, what do you do with the money?
6) You are asked to read a book to an inmate in jail, what book do you read?
7) What career would leave you happy at the end of the day?
8) What do you do to combat your biggest temptation?
9) Who would you take on your dream vacation, if anyone?
10) What is your favorite sculpture?
11) Where do you go when you daydream?
People Who Have Agreed to be Tagged
The Lovely Lovely Chandra Sherin – http://chandrasherin.wordpress.com/
The nicest thing happened to me last night. I won a contest for Greta van der Rol’s space opera – “The Iron Admiral.”
I didn’t know I had won until I opened up my email and found a message from Amazon that a Kindle prize waited for me.
Lately I’ve been reading too many supernatural stories and they are all jumbled up in my head and it makes me feel that I’ve read the same story fifteen times in a row. Yes, something different is called for. Some space! Some battles! Some alien weirdness! Yes!
Thank you so much, Greta!
Here’s her blog address: http://gretavanderrol.net/
Stop by and give her work a try if, like me, you are in the mood for something different.
I found this today and it really made me laugh…
I’ve been thinking about writing about my love for balding men for a while now. Although I have a male pen name, I am a woman and nothing calls my attention to a man more than some skin. Thanks to a prompt from Rarasaur at http://rarasaur.wordpress.com/ (a very nice and friendly blog) I decided to consider it wabi-sabi, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-sabi. These supposed imperfections are what help make these men so aesthetically pleasing to me.
Here’s my top ten recognizable bald/balding men. They are in no particular order, perhaps.
10) Patrick Stewart
9) John Malkovich
8) Bruce Willis
7) Jason Statham
6) Mitch Pileggi – Skinner on X-Files
5) Djimon Hounsou
4) Phil Collins
3) Dean Norris – Hank on “Breaking Bad”
2) Younger Rob Halford – Judas Priest – Yes, yes I know he’s gay, but he was the focus of the first sexy dream I ever had.
1) Vladimir Putin – Meow!
Te Veo, Mi Amor
Con sus amigos
En pasillos de madura oscura
Cuatro escalones pequenos
Y paredes el color de rosas
Blancas y secas
Con su hijo
Ensenandolo ser hombre
Puro y vital
Apasionado y lleno de amor
Soy el oeste a su este
Dos dias de amor
Atrapando la pantera
Con su vision
De poder y pasion